Conventions Used in This Book
We use the following formatting conventions in this book:
- Bold is used for headings in the text.
- Italics are used for emphasis and to
signify the first use of a term. Italics are also used for
functions, email addresses, FTP sites,
directory and filenames, and newsgroups.
- All code and header examples are in Constant
- All numbers in file excerpts and examples are in hexadecimal
unless otherwise noted.
- All code and header examples use the following portable data types:
||8-bit unsigned data
||8-bit signed data
||16-bit unsigned integer
||16-bit signed integer
||32-bit unsigned integer
||32-bit signed integer
||32-bit single-precision floating point number
||64-bit double-precision floating point number
All source code that we have produced is written in
ANSI C. (This is relevant only if you are still
using one of the older compilers.)
- All World Wide Web and FTP sites are listed
in URL format, as shown below:
This page is taken from the Encyclopedia
of Graphics File Formats and is licensed by O'Reilly
under the Creative Common/Attribution license.